Welcome to the new Project Camelot Forums!
Updates and notifications from the Camelot Team

tommy
Site Admin

Welcome to the new Project Camelot Forums!

by tommy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:48 pm

The Camelot Forum has now been re-established as a service outside of the main Project Camelot Portal website. More on what this means below.

We are working on making a read-only version of our old forum available as well as migrating existing users over to this new platform. The reason the forum was separated from the 'projectcamelotportal.com' and it's user database was the increased amount of hacking and DDOS attempts on the main website, this caused frustration for the participating members.

As for new registrations and new postings: The first time you register and make a post you will be notified that your post will need approval before becoming visible. This only applies for the first post you create as an extra counter-measure towards spam-bots and is not an attempt of censorship or anything of the kind.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this new setup please contact Tommy at: seeingterra@outlook.com with the subject start: FORUM in your message header. Existing users feel free to setup a new account and contact me to have your account status and rep. back to it's original standing.

There will be more updates to this forum throughout the next few weeks, but nothing too drastic.

Happy posting, and welcome back!

Yours sincerely,

Tommy

Chakra
Forum Staff

Re: Welcome to the new Project Camelot Forums!

by Chakra » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:10 am

Hey Tommy
Just posted in the Welcome page. Glad to see your still hanging in there.
Changed my email for this forum - but you can still reach me at the old one. :)

Cheers
Chakra
Chakra

"integrity is like virginity, you only get to lose it once"

Chakra
Forum Staff

by Chakra » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:40 am

So I just went over the new user list.
Guess I am the first real person that is not a spammer to have signed up. Since you loaded the new sight up 11:11:15 :) nice.

Got some free time right now - let me know if you need any help.

Cheers
Chakra
Chakra

tommy
Site Admin

by tommy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Lol, did not even notice at the time that it was deployed on 11:11:15, nice catch :p

Things should be moving ahead soon (I hope), still have the spam issue I mentioned in the other post. Working on a fix for it.

Will let you know for sure and I think the post approval should be removed from your account, guess I will know if it didn't go away.. lol

Running a new forum software so still getting used to a few settings here and there.

Cheers

Chakra
Forum Staff

by Chakra » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:56 am

tommy wrote:Lol, did not even notice at the time that it was deployed on 11:11:15, nice catch :p

Things should be moving ahead soon (I hope), still have the spam issue I mentioned in the other post. Working on a fix for it.

Will let you know for sure and I think the post approval should be removed from your account, guess I will know if it didn't go away.. lol

Running a new forum software so still getting used to a few settings here and there.

Cheers

I don't know if you pay attention to the cycles but you started the site on a new moon. Pretty great restart as shown here. This guy is great.

https://youtu.be/rb-f-xuLvfc
Chakra

tommy
Site Admin

by tommy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:18 pm

In that case I give all the credit to my subconscious use of intuition :D

But really, that is actually pretty cool.

At this point I am not really sure what to do, I am kinda slowly observing if the forum comes to life on it's own while also thinking about ways of increasing interaction. Kerry at the moment is extremely busy with various projects and interviews, but she does plan to engage in discussion here at some point (hopefully) soon.

Still working on some technical stuff relating to the board and I appreciate your offer to help out. Once I get some stuff ironed out I will get in touch :)

Cheers

Chakra
Forum Staff

by Chakra » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

tommy wrote:In that case I give all the credit to my subconscious use of intuition :D

But really, that is actually pretty cool.

At this point I am not really sure what to do, I am kinda slowly observing if the forum comes to life on it's own while also thinking about ways of increasing interaction. Kerry at the moment is extremely busy with various projects and interviews, but she does plan to engage in discussion here at some point (hopefully) soon.

Still working on some technical stuff relating to the board and I appreciate your offer to help out. Once I get some stuff ironed out I will get in touch :)

Cheers

Well I could definitely help out with screening spammers - been there done that! lol Though it can be blocked automatically - I went to stopforumspam for checking ip's also. :roll:
Chakra

tommy
Site Admin

by tommy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi,

Yeah, I was thinking something of the sort. Right now when people register they will have the status of "Newly registered" which in turn prompts us to approve the post and then (if we wish) we can remove the "newly registered" status and allow full posting without approval. I am using the built in "stopforumspam" as well as a more advanced version (mod) but sadly it does not seem to completely stop spam, this is where the first post approval comes in handy. I will PM you in a couple of days time and get mod/greeter status set up :)

Thanks again!

Chakra
Forum Staff

by Chakra » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:38 pm

tommy wrote:Hi,

Yeah, I was thinking something of the sort. Right now when people register they will have the status of "Newly registered" which in turn prompts us to approve the post and then (if we wish) we can remove the "newly registered" status and allow full posting without approval. I am using the built in "stopforumspam" as well as a more advanced version (mod) but sadly it does not seem to completely stop spam, this is where the first post approval comes in handy. I will PM you in a couple of days time and get mod/greeter status set up :)

Thanks again!

Sounds good - your welcome!
Chakra

sylk

by sylk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:21 pm

good idea